HackFall Daggerfall Patch Project
+++ Daggerfall Tool Repository +++
Last modified: Friday 10 August 2012
See what's new.
I started planning a Daggerfall mod about 6 months after I first played the game. I'm getting there.
Not a road map, but here's a list of Daggerfall bugs and errors. Have a go at fixing some of them.
Do you have something to contribute? Get in touch :)
Let's hack Daggerfall!
-- Python+ on bethsoft forums // DelphiSnake on the uesp. The one and very same.
-- unofficial patch and extension project for Daggerfall 213
HACKFALL.ZIP (239.3 kb) 30 November 2011 // by DelphiSnake
-- all of the HackFall project fixes bundled into one one archive.
-- install using fallhack (under 'Other tools') or manually with a hex editor.
I made some fixes to FACTION.TXT but didn't bundle it as it's not tested and not finished. But I'm not going to work on it anymore so here is my modified file built onto PLRDLF's faction-fix; here is a list of what I changed; and here are some other ideas I had on it.
Individual patches still available below.
- Br'itsa and K'avar 22 November 2011
-- Fixes the female gem store NPC flat data to use the correct faction instead of using Br'itsa.
-- Fixes the flat used for Lord K'avar.
- Glenmoril Coven 18 November 2011
-- Corrected references to "Glenmorial" to "Glenmoril".
- Castle Llugwych 15 November 2011
-- Fixes the exterior location at Castle Llugwych. Hit the link for more information.
- Ebony Blade (43.7 kb) 11 November 2011
-- Fixes the the inventory screen graphics for the Ebony Blade.
-- See a graphical comparison.
- Wayrest Dark Elves (327 kb) 8 November 2011
-- Fixes all the Wayrest Dark Elves to look like Dark Elves rather than humans.
Andy Polis: faces of Barenziah and Morgiah; textures of Barenziah, Helseth, and Morgiah (originally released as part of AndyFall).
DelphiSnake: faces of Helseth and Karethys; texture of Karethys.
- MAGIC.DEF (2.1 kb) ~July 2011
-- Fixes the mixed-up Leaping %it and %it of Venom Spitting.
The effects of these items have been exchanged: Leaping now casts Levitate when used, and Venom Spitting enhances skill Dragonish. I have also changed the effect of Cursing %it to cast Paralysis on strike to avoid the duplicate effect of cast Toxic Cloud.
This section is for things that aren't bug fixes but are intended to enhance Daggerfall while adhering to the aesthetic of the game.
- Daggerfall AHK script 20 November 2011
-- Quick save and "turbo fire" LMB clicking for inventory navigation.
There is also a soft toggle script that you could use for running/sneaking/whatever. I say soft because it doesn't feature breaks on hitting other specified keys -- it's on or off. You will need some basic knowledge of AutoHotKey to use this. At the moment it's more of a jumping off point. Feel free to build on it. If you extend this or have something of your own, get a copy to me and I'll put it up here.
Information on how to manually hack the game.
- Starting location 13 November 2011
-- old information updated and corrected, includes instructions on how to change the starting location.
Don Tipton's Tools and Patches*
Everthing I could find of his. Of particular note is the quest scenario generator TEMPLATE. I think there are newer versions of almost all of them, but I have not found them. If you have versions that differ from these, please contact me.
Most of the tools have adequate-to-good documentation which should enable you to know what the tools can do and how to use them.
Some of the archives include source code. This may be useful to anyone hacking on Daggerfall, even if you have no use for the application itself.
* I've included several versions of the same tools/mods here because I thought it possible that some features that work in an older version may have neen inadvertently broken in newer versions, etc.
Quest tools and patches
- TEMPLATE v1.11 (340 kb): Tipton's DF quest generator tool.
I finally found a newer version than what is available (AFAIK) anywhere else, and this archive includes _extensive_ documentation. It is much more advanced than the other quest editing apps for Daggerfall. Most of the other quest hacking tools were really only capable of editing existing quests. You can use this to write something completely new from scratch. Very powerful -- perhaps some rce wizard can add to this for a _complete_ quest tool.
- FIXQS001 (48 kb): several quests that Tipton patched or altered to improve.
- SRCQS001 old (55 kb): the quest sources for each of the quests patched in above file, generated with TEMPLATE.
- THAW (23 kb): reboots the subplots of the main quest so you can recover from saying "no" to the wrong questgiver or from inexplicably frozen quest lines.
- THAW source (27 kb): source code of THAW.
- QSRC (332 kb): the quest source of all DF quests in one HTML doc, generated with TEMPLATE.
- ILIAC newer (34 kb): displays the map of DF locations. Shows shops, guilds, temples, etc, and also shows which houses could be Glenmoril covens.
- ATLAS newer (58 kb): can fetch and list the location map plan for any DF site.
Save-game and Character tools
- TES2 (51 kb): a character info view tool. It can repair all items, recover lost quest items, and label unknown potions with their effect.
- GRAFT (25 kb): grafts a PC's guild affilations from a pre-vamp save onto a post turn save, ie. lets you keep DB and TG membership.
- LISTVIEW (49 kb): displays save-game records in 'chunks', eg which spells an enemy knows.
Graphics and Misc tools
- ROOMS (125 kb): extracts the polygons of dungeons in blocks.bsa, and extracts the polygons of the town block exteriors.
- ROCHAY (49 kb): can add new enchantments to the items dropped randomly in treasure piles, including all 35 skills and poisons. Can also change the effects of the standard potions to cast identify or recall. ROCHAY was also bundled with WEREFALL, I haven't yet checked which version here is the most recent.
- TITLE (106 kb): sprite viewer and animator, faction viewer with portrait display, and character editor.
- XCUBE (366 kb): drops a spinning cube clock on the X-Windows desktop. You'll need an ELF X-Windows for this.
- FallHack v2 (28 kb): by Andy Polis.
-- General file patcher and installer. Works not only for Daggerfall.
Fallhack can install or load/unload compatible ('daggerhack/.dhk') mods each play session so the game files are not permanently changed. You can do a lot with this tool, such as editing material bonuses, weapon damage, etc without any hacking knowledge.
- DaggerClass (74 kb): by Andy Polis. Windows editor for the class*.cfg files. Allows you to customize the standard character classes.
- DagHex v2f (66 kb): by Lord Oberon. A DOS save-game editor. The best.
Some of these may not be eminently playable, but seeing _how_ they hacked the game will help you make your own mods.
Don Tipton's WereFall
- WEREFALL newer (95 kb): Tipton's Werefall mod for DF. Adds a loose clan-like 'guild' for shifters, with quests, NPCs, services, artifacts, potions, and items etc. AFAIK, not the last version of this he released, but I've heard people have gotten this running.
- WEREFALL SOURCE latest (106 kb): the source code for Werefall. Looks like the source of the latest available binary.
- Kirafall*.1 (821 kb), Kirafall.2 (883 kb): by Marty Runyon. A mod that adds some quests, an artifact item, a few pieces of clothing, weapons, and a book. This was split into two archives to appease FortuneCity when the site was hosted there.
* After play testing this one, I can't recommend it. Most of it's size is not new material, it's duplicating AndyFall. I'll leave it up for a while in case anyone is interested.
- Quest Pack #1A (19 kb): by Azileron. A quest pack for the Mages' Guild. Adds 7 quests. I haven't tested these. Try them out and let me know whether they're b0rked :>
If you have a cache of DF tools or hacking lore that you haven't seen online, I'd like a copy (and probably to host it here)!
I have more files and lore, but I need to sort/view/edit before uploading. I want to avoid hosting files that are readily available elsewhere.
Hacking/Modding/Viewing tools and lore
- Andux' Daggerfall Studio: much awesome hacking lore and tools.
- Interkarma's Daggerfall Workshop: DF Modelling and DF Imaging 2. These tools handle all the 3d and 2d files, can bulk export. No longer under active development.
- Ghastley's Daggerfall Mods: Playable Orc race (beta), and outline for additional quests WIP.
- DFCode: Dave Humphrey's collection of source code for manipulating the DF file formats (images, maps, sounds, models, etc).
- Openscrolls: attempt to create a set of opensource tools to handle the game data of Daggerfall and Arena.
- The Daggerfall Embassy: some mods and hacking/viewing tools, also lots of game play information.
- The Unofficial Elder Scrolls pages: reams of DF hacking lore, and large file repo. Lots of game play information, including quest walkthroughs.
- The Evening Star / Daggerfall Apparel Catalogue: has image files to add clothing to the game and good hex/andypic instructions on how to insert them. Mostly female clothes, including replica of the 'sword babe' costume from the Arena box art. Article on alternate playing styles.
- A.C.Crackpot's Daggerfall Hex-Page: hex codes for clothing/armour, and enchanting items. Also has new female clothing graphics for download *blush*.
- Galfar's Lair: check the Inactive/Unfinished tool section for Daggerfall Player: an image and texture viewer able to able to load, show and export all images, multi-images and textures (*.img, *.cif, texture.*).
- Elderscrolls.net: Russian site with some tools and info.
- Daggerfall Setup: download pack that includes the game and all official patches/utils, fan-made patches and quest packs, max view distance tool, French, Rus, and Espanol translations etc.
- Mark Stinson's Beginners' Guide to Daggerfall: invaluable game play guide, also has guides for MW and Ob, and NWN. Thanks Mark!
- Enthusiast's Daggerfall Guide: lots of over-looked game world information. All gathered through in game exploration. Much of it could probably now be ripped with hack/explore tools.
- Daggerfall Crossroads: The one and only Magnus Itland's site. Interesting alternate playing style for those who want a challenge or to try something new, some info on lycanthropy, and the infamous nudity guide.
- Jormungandr's DF guide on gamefaqs: covers character creation, items, magic, factions, and main quest walkthrough.
- Legends of Iliac Bay: a site still up from the late 90s that has a small character gallery with playable save-games to download.
- Lucius' XL Engine and Projects: game engine to play DF, Dark Forces, Blood and Outlaws with modern tech. Under very heavy active development. Help make it happen: download it and do testing! Has active forums, especially graphic modding.
- DungeonHack: an open-source project to create a large scale, sandbox, dynamic RPG world of characters, politics, and economies that don't passively revolve around the player.
- Daggerwind Scrolls: a 1st/3rd person CRPG dungeon crawl game written using C# for Mac OS X.
- OpenMW: a new engine for Morrowind. Aims to be a fully playable (and improved!), open source implementation of the game's engine and functionality.
Thank you, and greetings
A DF map size thanks to (in alphabetical order):
Ancestral_Ghost, Andux, Brendan, Dave H, Donald Tipton, Ferital, Giniu, Galfar, George IV, Interkarma, Jackie Eason, Localhosed, LuciusDXL, Magnus Itland, Mark Stinson, PLRDLF, Princess Morgiah, and surely many others whose names and help I've forgotten.
Herro bawts! :)
shark fin soup!